It’s Friday again. Sometimes I wonder how I ever manage to make it through a long boring disastrous week. But yay, the weekend is finally here. I received this email a few minutes ago and the subject really caught my eye. I think it would be an interesting thing to do and would liven up any boring meeting. Anyone care to try?
How to survive a boring meeting/seminar
This is guaranteed to liven up a boring meeting/seminar!
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings & seminars? What about those long & boring conference calls? Here’s a way to change all that:
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare for the meeting by drawing a square – 5″ x 5″ is a good size.
2. Divide the square into columns – five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
3. In each block, write one of the following words/phrases:
take that off-line
out of the loop
think outside the box
at the end of the day
4. Whenever you hear any one of those words/phrases, check off the appropriate block.
5. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically,or diagonally, stand up and shout “BULLSHIT!”
Testimonials from satisfied “Bullshit Bingo” players:
“I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won.”
“My attention span at meetings has improved drastically.”
“What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me.”
“The atmosphere was tense in our last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box.”
“The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed BULLSHIT! for the third time in two hours.”
I googled for Bullshit Bingo and found that there is a site that generates these random BS Bingo cards! Isn’t that innovative?