Photo credits: D Sharon Pruitt
How to lose 5 kilos in 1 month:
- Be the designated chauffeur for both your kids. Ferry the little one to the baby sitter in the morning, and then ferry the elder one to school. Then fetch the elder one from school, get some stuff done at home and then fetch the little one back.
- Deal with a clingy toddler, sometimes wanting to be carried even though he can walk and run on his own.
- Strength training in the form of carrying about 22 kilos…sometimes both kids need to be carried at the same time!
- Breastfeed exclusively. This one is excellent for that cardio workout 🙂
- Express milk as fast as possible, while aiming to meet the target consumption of the little one, sometimes having to fend off outbursts of “No ‘spressing milk Mommy!” from the elder one.
- Adding an additional milk expression session because the little one’s intake has increased.
- Go marketing at the mini wet market, because the meat and vegetables there is so much fresher than at the supermarket…sometimes having to wear the little one in a sling while doing so!
- Try to cook a healthy homecooked meal every day.
- Do laundry every day, climbing up a small step ladder over and over again to hang up the clothes, and then climbing up and down repeatedly to keep the dry clothes later.
- Cloth diaper your kids. That way, you get to do laundry a few times each day too.
- Wolf down a speedy lunch as fast as you can without choking or getting indigestion.
- Drink lots of water (good for milk production too).
- Get only 5-6 hours of sleep at night.
- Try to squeeze in vacuuming and mopping the floor as often as possible.
… and how to gain 1 kilo back in 3 days:
- Make a 4D3N trip to KL
- Day 1: Buffet breakfast at hotel, buffet lunch at Saisaki (35% off lunch and 30% off dinner, mind you!), dinner at Italiannies
- Day 2: Buffet breakfast at hotel, lunch at an obscure Chinese restaurant in Sentul with fantastic delicious food, buffet dinner at Marché Buka Puasa extravaganza.
- Day 3: Buffet breakfast at hotel, also considered brunch because of oversleeping.
- Eat cupcakes from Cupcake Chic almost every day.
…oh by the way, I am back to the *5 kilos in 1 month* routine now!