Last weekend, I took my breadmaker out of storage after a three-year hiatus. My attempt at baking a loaf of wholemeal bread turned out slightly short of disastrous, because although the bread was “cuttable”, it was barely edible because it was so HARD and dry!
Hannah seemed to love it though, so that was good. 🙂
But I was determined to rectify my error, and tried baking another loaf the following night, this time I used lukewarm water and omitted the salt.
Unfortunately, to my dismay, when I eagerly checked on the breadmaker the following morning (I left it to bake overnight), I realized that the mixture had not moved at all! No rising was performed, no kneading was performed, and we definitely did NOT get a loaf of bread this time! 🙁
I thought I had somehow fixed the apparatus wrongly, so I tried again. But then I discovered that when the breadmaker’s function showed KNEAD, the kneading arms of the breadmaker were just not moving! In addition, the breadmaker did NOT heat up at all. That was definitely NOT a good sign. 🙁
SIGH…I don’t know what’s wrong with it now. It’s probably going back into storage today. 🙁
Guess I shall have to visit the bakery today to BUY a loaf of bread after all!