It’s such an easy dish to make, and rather idiot-proof. No marination necessary and cooking time is only less than 15 minutes. Best of all, it’s yummy, nutritious and is suitable for everyone!
I’d always steamed cod, but I guess because of the *fishy* smell, my kids sometimes don’t fancy it too much. So I’d wanted to try grilling it to see how it turns out. I found this recipe online, which seemed fairly simple, so I made it just the other day. Hubby says it tasted good, though a tad oily, but it’s really mostly natural oil from the oily cod fish, i.e. “healthy oils”.
And like I said, if cod fish were that much cheaper, I’d cook this every day! Here’s the recipe I used:
Grilled Cod with Carrots and Asparagus
- 200g cod fish fillet
- 4-5 Asparagus, sliced
- 1 small Carrot, sliced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Heat a non-stick pan, add in cooking oil and fry garlic until golden brown. Transfer garlic and oil into a bowl and set aside.
- Put some water to boil in a pot, with pinch of sugar and salt. Drop in sliced vegetables and cook until desired softness is obtained, then drain.
- Arrange vegetables on serving plate.
- Using a dry kitchen towel, pat the cod fish dry.
- Heat up a grilling pan and spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Grill the fish on both sides, approximately 1 minute on each side, until you see the golden brown *grill lines* on the fish.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and oyster sauce together. While the grilling pan is still hot, pour the mixture over the fish and turn the heat off.
- Place grilled fish over the bed of vegetables and drizzle the sauce on top of the fish.
- Add one teaspoon of the garlic oil (from step 1) over fish and vegetables.
- Serve warm with steamed rice.