Hubbs and I are firm favorites of the Aglio Olio version of spaghetti, quite simply put, Spaghetti cooked with garlic (Aglio) and oil (Olio). We’ve always loved the Shrimp Aglio Olio from Italiannies and never fail to order it when we dine there.
Today, I whipped up my own personal version of Shrimp Aglio Olio, minus the artichokes and chilli flakes…and you know what? It didn’t taste too bad at all! 🙂
Well, if my very stringent “tester” asked me to make it again this week, I’d take that as a HUGE compliment…hehe…
Here’s the easy-peasy recipe I used to make Shrimp Aglio Olio (this makes 2 servings):
- Spaghetti (enough for 2)
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped finely
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 10 olives, pitted and sliced cross-sectionally
- ¼ pound shrimps
- Salt to taste
- Bring water to boil and add some salt. Cook spaghetti in it till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up olive oil under medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, olives and shrimps.
- Cook until shrimps turn pink. Do not overcook.
- Toss in the basil and parsley, stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add cooked spaghetti and continue stirring and tossing for a few seconds.
- Serve hot.
** Optional: Add some chili flakes for some extra “kick”.
I’m trying to see if I can get some artichokes to cook my Aglio Olio the next time…it would totally complete this dish 🙂 After all, I still have so much of the canned olives left over…