Finally, everything makes sense now. The nausea, the tiredness, the aversion to smells and of course the disappearance of Aunt Flo.
The first trimester is going to be tiring, even more so now that I am only in my 5th or 6th week of pregnancy. This is what I have been doing for the past few days:
- Reading up and re-acclimatizing myself with the prenatal Body Pump techniques. I did Pump till the 7th month when I was carrying Ethan, and I want to do the same now.
- Fatigue is getting the best of me. I need my afternoon shuteye now…although it’s admittedly more difficult with 2 other kids around.
- I’m down and out very early at night – not very good considering that I have gotten into the routine of cleaning up after the kids have gone to bed. Need to summon whatever energy I have.
- Trying my best to cook…the smell and look of raw food puts me off completely though, so I’m gonna have trouble with that for a long time. Might do takeout more often. Gosh, even the smell of most of the food I cook puts me off. Thankfully my family is still eating well.
- Current cravings: Grapes, Laksa…but they change ever so often. Most of the time I don’t feel like eating anything but when I stay away from food, I get nausea pangs too…what do I do?
- Backache has begun – so soon??
- Bloatedness is definitely not my thing. Hate it. Big time.
- Been reading Having Three Kids. Daunting, yes…and I have no idea what to expect.
- Relieved that we did not throw most of our baby gear away yet. Stroller: check. Changing table: check. Cot: check. Playpen: check. Cloth diapers: super duper multiple checks! 😀
- Readiness for #3: working on that!
*This post was drafted on July 18 2012* (except the text in the pink highlighted box at the top)