Is Black Friday a reason/excuse to go all-out shopping? Most people do, anyway, but I’m trying to resist it the best I can and only get items which are really, really deal-worthy and that we really, really need. With hubby at work, and with no car evidently, it helps in a way to curb my Black Friday spendings. 🙂
I am pleased to announced that I only made ONE purchase from the internet, and that was from iHerb.com. They had what they called the Green Friday sale (10% off everything) and since we needed some stuff, I took advantage of that, and my goodies came in 2 days, straight to the hotel:
- Ecover Natural Dishwashing Liquid, Chamomile & Marigold scent: I needed to find a dishwashing liquid that potentially might NOT cause itchiness in my sensitive skin, i.e. that I am not allergic to. Let’s hope this is the one.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Third Trimester Tea: Influenced in great part by Joey, I decided to try two boxes of this tea, which is supposed to strengthen the uterus in preparation for delivery. I’ll start taking it when I hit the third trimester.
- Babyganics Tub Time Extra Gentle Bubble Bath & Body Wash: hey, we have a bathtub here and the kids frequently want to soak in bubbles! Again, one of the criteria for selection was that it did not contain ingredients that would irritate my skin.
- NatureMade Prenatal Multi + DHA: prenatal and postnatal multivites for me.
- Avalon Organics Revitalizing Eye Gel, Lavender Luminosity: I ran out of eye gel, and decided to try this on a whim. It comes in a 30g bottle (double the size of regular eye gels/creams) and smells heavenly!
- Dr Bronner’s Organic Hand & Body Shikakai Soap, Lavender: I’m trying this as my shower gel for now, since I don’t have any at the moment. The lavender smell is really soothing and calming 🙂
- a & b: Free gifts – Compact mirror and some tablet supplements (not sure what those are for).
By the way, just in case you didn’t know, you are welcome to use my discount code DUW086 on iHerb.com to get $10 off your first order of $40 or more, or $5 off your first order if it’s less than $40. Shipping is free internationally too, for orders between $40 and $80, weighing 4lbs or less.
Well, a further note on the shopping front, we did make a quick stopover to Target on Saturday, and on Sunday, we drove to the nearest Factory Outlets Store to get some warm winter clothing (mostly) for the kids. Hmm…let’s just say that after that trip, we might just be done shopping for clothes for a LONG while. 🙂
How was YOUR Black Friday? 🙂