We made this for lunch the other day, my 6-year old and I. It was so easy, and yet so nutritious, but most of all, it was incredibly yummy!
- Simply chop up some tomatoes and lettuce (or any other vegetables that strike your fancy. Cucumbers, zuchinni, bell peppers…but my rule of thumb is the more colorful, the better).
- Heat up the skillet and melt some butter in it, or use a bit of vegetable oil.
- When oil is hot, crack two eggs into it and stir gently with a spatula.
- Add in the chopped vegetables and grate some cheddar cheese into the mixture.
- Stir gently for about a minute over medium heat. Be careful not to burn the eggs.
- Season with some salt and turn off the flame.
- Slice an English muffin into 2 and spread some butter on it.
- Dish out scrambled egg mixture and serve warm. Goes extremely well with a glass of fresh orange juice and good company.
This is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. 🙂