I made these breakfast omelette cups last week for my son to bring along for breakfast at his day camp in church. It was something easy and nutritious for the kids, and I knew I could whip up like 20-30 cups within the hour. This is important because I wanted something that could be served warm, yet had to be fast and easy to make. Oh yeah, and I also don’t like oily and fried stuff, so these breakfast cups fit the bill!
I had them baked and ready in about 20 minutes and they could be served with tomato ketchup or mayo, or whatever suits your fancy.
Also, the ingredients I used can be modified in any way you wish…basically your favorite ingredients for a yummy omelette. I would try with chopped mushrooms, scallions or (yums) bacon too!
Try these and let me know if your family likes it as much as mine does!
Breakfast Omelette Cups
- Eggs (1 egg to 2 medium-sized cupcake cups)
- Milk (about 3 tbsp to 1 egg)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baking powder (about 1/2 tsp to 1 egg)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped bell pepper
- Chopped chicken ham
- Place chopped bell pepper and chicken ham into each cupcake cup.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top
- Whip eggs, milk, salt, pepper and baking powder together.
- Pour egg mixture into cups up to about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven 170°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.