not a Care Bear but a….
Yes….that’s right. That’s what I choose to be, if given the choice. And indeed I have been given a choice. It’s a no-brainer, really. Angeleyes and Everydayhealy have both asked me to choose if I want to be a Sexy And Hot Momma (SAHM) or a Fat Thighs Wobbling Momma (FTWM). No prizes for guessing which one I pick… hahaha…..
Okay….jokes aside, an SAHM actually stands for Stay At Home Mom and FTWM is the acronym for Full Time Working Mom. I would, without a second thought, prefer to be an SAHM because:
- Being an SAHM means spending quality AND quantity time with my son. This is especially crucial in the formative years, i.e. before the age of 5. This is when the child’s brain is like a sponge and is able to absorb information and knowledge in the most effective manner. I believe that the time I spend with my son is worth so much more than the dollars I will be getting in a paying job. True, I won’t be able to spend as lavishly as before, but I can tell you for sure that just one adorable smile from Ethan will be worth more than a million bucks! Top that off with a hug and a kiss and him saying, “Thank you Mommy, I love you!” and I am positive my heart will melt like butter on a barbecue grill.
- I want to participate in kitchen experiments because I love cooking! As an SAHM, I would be able to take this love of mine to higher levels and (hopefully) cook up yummy and nutritious meals for my family. Staying in Penang for so many years, I have been exposed to all varieties of hawker food, which Penang is famous for. But there’s a limit to that, and in the end, home-cooked food is always the best. With more time on my hands, I hope to be able to cook more, not only during weekends. Maybe when I am a SAHM, I will cook during weekdays and take weekends off to eat out 🙂 Oh and maybe…just maybe, when I become a SAHM, I will finally be able to fulfill my goal to start my food blog!
- By being an SAHM, I (think I) would have more time to do things which I love. Things that I have shelved away for now because I simply have no time, for instance (in no particular order):
- Read books and not just newspapers
- Finish my cross-stitch project
- Exercise (especially strength training)
- Reorganize my kitchen
- Blog more and reply comments in a speedier manner
- Keep the house cleaner 🙂
Here’s how it works:
1. So easy peasy, if you were given a choice, would you be a SAHM or FTWM? Just provide 3 darn good reasons.
2. Include your post link to the list below and Finally,
3. Tag another three mommies
1. Immomsdaughter prefers to be a SAHM
2. Miche prefers to be a SAHM too.
3. SYH prefers to be a PTWM
4. Everydayhealy prefers to be a SAHM
5. Angeleyes prefers to be WAHM
6. Giddy Tiger prefers to be an SAHM
~~~End of Instructions~~~
And what do these 3 mommies choose then?