My current washer, though it does its job well washing my laundry, has been going floozy these few weeks.
- When it goes into the spin cycle, it will attempt to spin and then emit a signal telling me the clothes in the tub are uneven. So I would then have to rearrange the clothes and let it continue the cycle. This hardly happened before, as the washer was able to sort of fill up with some water so the clothes are more or less balanced out. No human intervention needed.
- Sometimes after rearranging the clothes in the tub, the washer kinda resets itself and increases the time taken to complete washing. Say for example, it shows 9 minutes to completion when it warns me it’s uneven. As soon as I rearrange the clothes and close the cover of the washer, the timer shows 31 minutes!!!!
- Most of the time, in order to make it complete its spin cycle without resetting, I have had to manually hold down the washer, just so it doesn’t spin too much out of control.
- My washer has also begun to inch its way across my dry area. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to push it back to its original position.
- My washer is getting noisier by the day.
- …oh and I also need a dryer, I think….with a dryer, I don’t need to spend time hanging the clothes, I save space by getting rid of my additional clothes-drying rack and with some dryers, I can also automatically press the clothes (read: no ironing needed!)
Anyone has any experience with a washer and dryer in one? Is that better than a separate dryer? Because of space constraints, I would prefer the former, but I would love some honest opinions.