This was the very long queue outside the Coach factory outlet on the Saturday of last weekend’s memorial day sale.
This is what happens when you move around a crowded Coach outlet pushing a stroller and at the same time wearing your baby in a sling:
- People coming up to you and saying, “Awwww…what a cute baby!” and “Hi sweetie! Oh, she’s asleep!”, and other things to that effect.
- Sales personnel approaching you and asking if you need help finding anything.
- People making way for you despite the first-come-first-grab bargains.
And this is what happens immediately after you pass your sleeping infant to your hubby and walk around the crowded store on your own:
- Nobody makes any eye contact. Everyone’s busy checking out bags.
- No sales personnel asks you if you need anything. If you want a shopping bag to put your loot in, you gotta ask. In my case, I asked but there weren’t any available then, so I walked around till I saw a lady about to store those bags away, and I asked her if I could have one.
- You gotta say “Excuse me” pretty loudly before people move aside for you.
Doesn’t really matter either way, as long as you get yourself a sweet bargain, yes? Oh yeah, if you were wondering, there was an additional 10% off everything that day. 🙂