When I read Paris’s skincare routine post on My Women Stuff, I thought it was high time I actually posted something on my own personal facial skincare routine too. You see, I’d wanted to do it for a really long time, but kept on procrastinating.
In the process of preparing this post, I realized a few important things, some being a tad trivial than the rest:
- A post such as this would act as a good reference months down the road when I wanted to check what I’d used exactly. My skin feels really good at the moment, and I’d like to share what works for me so that perhaps others could also benefit from it.
- Sharing about this part of my life gets me to a more personal level with you, my readers. And I’d really like to hear from you too!
- My skincare routine is so much simpler than I’d realized. However, I do maintain that as long as the routine works and is effective, then it doesn’t matter how simple it is.
- The products I currently use look quite boring. LOL – ah, but looks can be deceiving, no?
My Morning Routine
This is my usual morning routine, performed as soon as I wake up to wash up and get ready. Don’t you think my skincare products look so bland and boring? 😛
- Cleanse with Dermalogica’s Essential Cleansing Solution
- After my morning shower, spray, pat on face and tone with Dermalogica’s Soothing Protection Spray
- Eye cream/gel – I’m currently using Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream with Natural Shitake Complex
- Moisturize with Dermalogica’s Intensive Moisture Balance
** Are you sensing a pattern here? Not that I place utter importance on my cleanser, toner and moisturizer all being from the same brand, but it just happened that these products work great for me. **
- Apply sunblock. Still experimenting, but right now I am using L’oreal’s UV Perfect Anti-Dullness (yep, the purplish one :))
My Evening and Night Routine
I have a rather peculiar routine in the evening AND night…Yes, I have 2 separate routines for the simple reason that after I shower, I still need to clean and tidy up around the house, and it could be a good 2-3 hours before I call it a night. So my evening routine refers to the time immediately before my shower and after, whereas my night routine refers to right before I go to bed proper.
- Remove makeup and/or sunblock with Dermalogica’s Precleanse (I’m eyeing the Hada Labo one next!)
- Cleanse face with Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution
- Apply thin layer of Derma Health’s Skin Labs Concentrated Vitamin E cream. This step protects the skin (which has just been cleansed) from drying up. Sometimes I’d just apply toner and skip this cream.
- Cleanse with Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution
- Pat on the same toner as morning
- Apply the same eye cream/gel as morning
- Apply a serum – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and/or Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Apply the same moisturizer as morning
Do you use about the same number of products as I do? Or do you share my love for some of the products I use? 🙂